NEW ULM — Brown County Commissioners will consider hiring contractors for landfill scale house well installation and plumbing work at its Tuesday meeting.
Quotes for new well drilling and connection are $14,740 from Searles Well Drilling and $18,720 from Schaefer Well Co. Funding comes from the landfill account.
Plumbing work quotes including a stool, sinks and water heater came from GSM Plumbing, $7,550; and Klassen Plumbing $12,870. Funds come from the landfill account.
Commissioners will also consider:
• A $3,620 quote from Miesen’s Color Center Co. Inc. in Springfield for carpet tiles including removal, disposal, installation and vinyl base for courthouse Human Resource Department floor replacement. Design Home Center, Inc.’s quote was $5,130.
• Convening a public hearing and application for the Springfield Housing Development Initiative Program to abate taxes for up to five years for new residential development project. Springfield City Manager Joe Stremcha will present the program application.
After the public hearing, the board may vote on the issue or table the issue.
• The purchase of two sets of dive gear from Adventure Specialties for $14,550 for two new dive team members. Funds come from the Sheriff’s Office boat and water safety budget.
• The purchase of an MK-III 3-diver intercom system for $2,500 from Adventure Specialties. Funds come from the Sheriff’s Office boat and water safety budget.
• A 2023 law enforcement training contract by Eckberg Lammers for Brown County deputies, correctional officers and county attorney staff. Additional training seats are available and paid for by other area law enforcement.
• Application for an additional deputy position under the 2023 COPS Grant. Funding supports three years of officer or deputy salaries within a five-year performance period to accommodate time for recruitment and training.
The meeting starts at 9 a.m. June 7 in the courthouse commissioner’s room.